Above all else, guard your heart for everything you do flows from it.


Proverbs 4:23









Saturday 19 November 2011

Soy Beautiful

This is my personal challenge for men to look beyond the outward and towards what is in the heart of a woman.   The greatest gift a woman can give to a man is her love, but men seldom dig beyond the layers built up by time and, sadly, past experiences. But  the man that perseveres has won a thing of value indeed.



You require my hair be perfectly groomed
And my attire be perfectly styled
That my scent be a pleasing perfume
In order to find me worthwile

But what of the things that are stored deep in my heart
The smiles reserved for times of delight?
The treasures I choose to reveal and impart
Unveiled from obscurity to shine wonderfully bright?

These are the things that make up my being
And are far greater than outwardly show
The things that require more than just seeing
But searching and digging for invaluable treasures below.

You ask that I shine bright by your side
And envy and pride to your attention I bring
I ask for something far reaching and wide
I ask for the heart of a king.

If your heart is noble and true
And my true beauty your attention enthralls
Then I give my permission to woo
And in return I promise to give you my all.

No comments:

Post a Comment