Above all else, guard your heart for everything you do flows from it.


Proverbs 4:23









Tuesday 16 August 2011

SIGNS


Isaiah 7:11

New International Version (NIV)
 “Ask the LORD your God for a sign, whether in the deepest depths or in the highest heights.”


God has placed it in my heart to fast.  Now, I have fasted in the past but without very much success. It is different this time. This time I know that it is time. My heart is ready for it. I have chosen to follow the Daniel Fast (more on that later).I hope to be able to share some of the things God reveals to me with you. Which leads me to this posting. I have chosen to make Isaiah the book of my fast and have already started reading it.    I have yet to begin my fast but God has chosen to speak already.  Upon reading Isaiah 7:11, I felt that God was speaking that verse directly to me. Ask me for a sign, for something only I can accomplish. Now, there are some people who know exactly what to ask for. I am not such a person. I simply am not in tune with my heart enough to know what to ask for. At first. Thinking on what this journey would look like, I knew it would be a time of mourning and sacrife. But does it have to be? Then it hit me. Joy. Let joy be my sign. Why not? It is the complete opposite of what I am expecting, after all.  We shall see. Now the next
question is,  "A sign for what?"  That I do not know. Yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment